Saturday, August 31, 2013

Friday night with the Phantom...



What was supposed to be a quiet Friday night at the library preparing for my museum guiding activity today suddenly became a night with friends at the theatre.

Phantom of the Opera is running at the Marina Bay Sands Theatre until tomorrow, 1 September.

I was really planning to watch the classic musical, but I ran out of tix because I kept on delaying the purchase.

Thankfully, I don't feel for Phantom the same way I feel for Wicked. LOL! However, I still did want to see the musical because who knows when it will be staged again.

That is why I got all excited when the iMessage from Tipz popped up on my phone screen yesterday afternoon.

I immediately replied to him to say that I super wanted the tix. Haha!

He told me that his friend who was really supposed to go with him didn't make her flight to Singapore. Hence, the spare ticket... and that he was willing to let it go an el cheapo price. Yay!

Tipz got the $168 tix with restricted view. I wasn't sure where that category would be seated but I didn't care because I was going to watch the musical. Haha!

Having said this, I was really pleasantly surprised that we were seated a few rows close to the stage. By close, I mean the third row I think. I was glad for this because we got to see the Phantom, Christine and Raoul up close.

It made the experience so much better.

Quite an enjoyable show. The set, oh my god, the set! And the costumes, oh my god, the costumes! Haha! Even with the restricted view, I think the tix Tipz got was super worth it.

Thanks again, Tipz!

Next time you have another spare ticket for a great musical... music please...

Think of me... think of me fondly... Lol!

2 comments:

  1. I had seen that when it was shown here in Manila. It was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! you're very much welcome friend! super enjoyed your company!

    ReplyDelete